This Day in History

Daily Quotes

Daily Bible Verses

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Birthday Blessings

The month of September also included my birthday. I was born here in NC on September 11, 1975 and since that time have had a great life with wonderful parents, a wonderful single life through college and afterwards, and now a wonderful life with a wonderful wife. And speaking of my wonderful wife she really went out of her way to make things special for me this year.

CIMG6526

To start with, she arranged a special time of cake and ice cream from the church at the first Sunday of our missions emphasis. We had a huge coconut cake with candles with both peanut butter and vanilla ice cream. The church members graciously gave me a small love gift for my birthday this year. I took the money and purchased some much needed tennis shoes, NIKE of course!

CIMG6542

Next, on my actual birthday, Grace started the day off with food: homemade cinnamon pancakes topped with bananas, caramel syrup, and whipped cream, fried eggs, bacon, and toast topped with grape jelly. It was great!!

CIMG6531

Then later on for lunch she made me spaghetti with homemade meat sauce. And for dinner we grilled out. In addition, Grace made me a vanilla cake topped with homemade peanut butter icing again topped with candles. Yes!! Cinnamon and peanut butter are two of my favorites!

CIMG6544

As for gifts, Grace went in with her parents and my parents and purchased me a new Garmin GPS complete with an FM transmitter, an MP3 player, an audio book feature, and of course the talking 2009 maps. It is awesome.

CIMG6538

Also from my aunt Linda who lives in Waxhaw, NC I received a gift in the mail of a UNC tarheels notepad and a Zell Miller book called "Corp Values." I have already read at least half of the book and it is some great material. And my father and mother in law sent me a gift certificate to Omaha steaks.

CIMG6555 CIMG6530-A

No comments: