This Day in History

Daily Quotes

Daily Bible Verses

Monday, September 15, 2008

Splat!!!

CIMG6507

Honey where is our watermelon??? This was the question that I posed to Grace upon arriving home from church a few Sunday's ago. It might seem unable to be grasped with this little bit of text so let me give you the background...

One of our men at the church, Leroy Smith, gave us a watermelon after the Sunday morning service. I went outside to get the watermelon from his truck and to tell him goodbye. Next, I carried the watermelon over to my car to place it in the trunk. But, my car keys were still inside the church in my office. I have a routine on church days to take my keys, phone and wallet out of my pockets and lock them up in my office until Grace and I leave. Well on this occasion, I had not grabbed my stuff yet and so I had to run back inside the church to get my keys. I sat the watermelon on the ground by my trunk not wanting to take the chance of scratching my paint of the car with the watermelon. Upon going back into the church, everyone had left but me and Grace so we went ahead and locked up everything and turned off all the lights. When I went back to my car I had taken other items with me and my hands were full. I placed those items in the backseat, got in the car, and drove home. When I got home I then remembered the watermelon asking the question above.  So, of course,  Grace and I rode back over to the church. And there it was, lying in the parking lot, a little busted but overall ok. I never heard it or felt it  but I guess we ran over it slightly. LOL! We brought it home, washed it off, and cut it up and "wholla!!" good as new. 

CIMG6508 CIMG6510

No comments: