This Day in History

Daily Quotes

Daily Bible Verses

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Visit From In- Laws and New Spring Decorations

Grace and I were very happy to have my mother and father in law visit with us here in Farmville for a few days the week we left from Pennsylvania from Beth's wedding. They flew down to Florida for a business conference with Mars National Bank, the company which Bro. Tom has worked for over 20 years. Instead of taking the flight back they decided to rent a car and drive the 20+ hourse home by way of Farmville, NC during the middle of the week so that he and Mrs. Henricks could stay a few days with us. Thankfully, since we are still in the process of setting up our guest bedroom, another independent baptist church had their prophet's chamber open and allowed for them to stay. I'm sure it was nice to have a little privacy.

I experienced a bought with a 24 hour bug upon arriving home early Wednesday morning from PA. I was so sick I really did not feel like I could preach, although I had preached sick several times throughout the space of time of being at the church. However, this time I only felt like sleeping. So I slept and trusted that Bro. Tom and Mrs. H. could make it in time to preach since they were going to try. If not, then I always have at least one message ready for cases like these. It was so good to see Bro. Tom arrive in time for the evening service. He preached on "The God of the Impossible" and I was able to simply listen to what God had for the church through him that night. Praise the Lord!









While they were in town they helped alot with the church. Mrs. H helped Grace shop for some new decorations for the springtime of our church. Of course, Bro Tom and I went and had some coffee while the woman shopped. They worked so hard on finding things within our budget and then putting things together and decorating the church after shopping all day. Once it was completed with the project it looked trememendous! There were some good compliments at the first service after the new decorations were up and rightly so.










No comments: