This Day in History

Daily Quotes

Daily Bible Verses

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

King of the Jungle VBS


The pastor of the Sandy Lake Baptist Church is my father-in-law Tom Henricks. While we were back in PA for Erica's wedding, we had the privilege of helping out in VBS at the church. They decided to have VBS from Sunday night through Tuesday night. The theme of their VBS was the King of the Jungle and the basis from Scripture was the Ten Commmandments. Grace and I helped out on Sunday and Monday evenings. We sang, passed out candy, and acted crazy. I also preached on Sunday night using the first commandement: Thou shalt have no other gods before me. I struggled to come up with a way to tie this in with salvation, but found a good object lesson using donuts that worked well. Although, no one officialy received Christ, we had about every kid respond during the invitation time. Seeds were planted that hopefully one day if watered correctly will come to fruition!

No comments: